About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Link a Day: Making Milk When There's No Baby to Feed

Making Milk When There's No Baby to Feed
"Tanya and Jessica talked about the experience of lactation after mothers lose babies – either in pregnancy, at birth, or as infants – and the range of feelings and challenges it rasies [sic].
This is a podcast interview with a graduate student who studied women who donated their milk following the loss of their baby.

It's nice to see this topic discussed, mothers need to know that they most likely will have to deal with making milk even without a baby. This podcast touches on the lack of support many of these women get about this issue because it is such a sensitive one, and how it can be healing to know that the milk can help other babies.

Very moving topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment