About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Link a Day: Breech Babies Can Turn in Labor and/or Birth Vaginally

Breech Babies Can Turn In Labor and/or Birth Vaginally
"It’s their birth, it’s their way, we’re just going along for the ride." 
I love reading stories of breech birth. Birthing a breech baby has become a lost art. Thanks in part to insurance companies, OBs in America are quick to cut (even before 39 weeks!) if the baby presents as breech.

This trend is reversing, slowly. In Canada, doctors are once again being taught how to catch breech babies. Hopefully this will trickle down to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment