About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Link a Day: A Necessary Cesarean by Mother’s Instincts

A Necessary Cesarean by Mother’s Instincts
"I told him something wasn’t right as I cried. I didn’t want surgery but I knew I needed to."
Sometimes it is easy to get so caught up in the idea that cesareans are pointless, evil, and something we would not wish upon our enemies. We have to remember that there is a reason they exist. To save lives.

This story is very touching. It is just as beautiful as a mother trusting her instincts to guide herself through her home birth. It shows us that our bodies do know what to do, that they can even tell us when we need to ask for help.

As much cesarean bashing as I've seen, we need to see more stories like this. We have to remember that even if it's the last thing we want, medical intervention can be necessary and life saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment