About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Link a Day: ‘Babywise’ Linked to Babies' Dehydration, Failure to Thrive

From: peaceful parenting
"On Becoming Babywise, has raised concern among pediatricians because it outlines an infant feeding program that has been associated with failure to thrive (FTT), poor weight gain, dehydration, breast milk supply failure, and involuntary early weaning."
I did glance through this book once a couple of weeks ago. Definitely contrary to any advice I would give to a new mother. Babies are not all identical, you can't just fit them into the same mold.

After all I have heard and read about this book, I was almost sick when I saw several copies of it prominently displayed at Babies 'R Us.

To anyone considering this book: Put it down and just listen to your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment