About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Link a Day: How to Choose a Pediatrician

How to Choose a Pediatrician
"Most pediatricians offer free interviews, although some may charge for this preliminary visit."
This is something that I never knew you could do. I think it is important that you entrust the healthcare of your child to not only someone you trust, but someone who you feel comfortable with. Someone you can engage in conversation easily with, and who understands your perspective and concerns.

I am always on the fence about changing pediatricians. I probably should trust my gut and see someone else. This is partly because I didn't interview and seek out several candidates, and also because my son was premature and I hadn't had a doctor lined up for him.

Anyway, I think the most important tip to take away from this is to be comfortable with your pediatrician. You can't get optimal care for your child if you feel shy or ignored by your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment