About Me

Maybe if I stop changing my mind on what I want to be when I "grow up" I'll end up with a degree and a job! Right now, I'm about to start a new school... I have a wonderful son and awesome hubby. I am a flutist and bassoonist, music is my first love.

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Link a Day: Teething May Not Be Linked to Fever

Teething May Not Be Linked to Fever
"In a safety announcement from April 2011, the FDA states that over-the-counter gels and liquids with the ingredient benzocaine should not be used on children under age 2
Ok, so the quote really doesn't relate to the title, but I did want to point it out.

I know that my son's pediatrician would tell me in a heartbeat that any slight fever without other symptoms would be attributed to teething. Now there is some proof that may not be the case. In the study mentioned, no babies recorded a temperate high enough to be considered a fever even though each baby gained on average five teeth.

Give it about 5 years or so before this information disseminates throughout the medical community and they believe it enough to change their minds about causes of infant fever and symptoms of teething.

No comments:

Post a Comment